Sunday, February 20, 2022

WINDOW SERIES II

 


This painted brick building stood out from all the rest having been done in a light green paint that had become textured and faded over the years. There was also a lot of cracked and peeling paint on the ornate cornice as well so once again I picked up my acrylics and after a detailed drawing, set to work! I had a lot of fun with this one trying to capture the overall feel of the place without adding too many details. As in the first of this window series, I tried giving an impression of all the brickwork without painting each one, then adding some texture here and there until I was happy with the result. Size is 15 x 11 inches, acrylic on Strathmore paper.

2 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

As best one can judge from an image on a computer, I think you have captured it perfectly.

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks David!