Tuesday, February 15, 2022

WINDOW SERIES I

 



This old library window is one of three facing a street we often walk along. The morning sun created interesting areas of light and shadow, and this was the initial attraction for me so I began thinking about trying to capture the scene in paint. My quick on-site drawing seemed to work so when I got back home, I pulled out an old sheet of watercolor paper and after a quick basic drawing, just slapped on the paint trying to create an impression of brickwork without painting every single brick. The window I took a little more time on, building up washes of color and tones until I was happy with the results. I'll probably continue with this idea and do a series of paintings of windows and doors as I often walk the backstreets looking for images such as this - I have quite a few more ideas. Size of this one is 15 x 11 inches, acrylic on Strathmore paper.

No comments: