I saw these Eastern Sycamore trees lined up next to the path on a bright and sunny day in a nearby park so tried to capture the scene in watercolor. Size is 7" x 5" for this study.
I finally managed to finish this one! There may be a little more work to do later but for now, I'll put it away so that I can come back in a week or so with a fresh eye and see if there is anything more I want to do to it (there usually is!). Size is 15" x 22", watercolor on Arches paper.
After a final pass, I think that I am about finished with the logs. Looking for something else to do after spending so long on the woodpile, I begin adding texture and various scuff marks to the siding behind, and also some smaller details around the window. The tree gets more washes and I begin to add branches although I haven't finished with that either! I'm hoping another session or two will see this one done as I have other work I want to get on with.
I have spent most of my time working on the logs slowly defining their shapes and adding a little more color. When I was happy with how they were coming along, I washed in a darker tone to indicate the window behind which helped give the painting a bit of depth - still quite a long way to go with this one though.