Saturday, September 26, 2026

CLOUD STACK

 



I painted these clouds pretty much as I saw them, being impressed with the way the clouds appeared to be stacked on top of each other. I decided to concentrate solely on the sky with this one and only represented the horizon line as a slightly darker tone. Although the values are quite close together, there is still a feeling of perspective looking at the finished work. Slightly reducing the size of the clouds as they descend into the distance also helped. Since I have such spectacular views from my studio window, I try and do a few sky paintings every month. Sometimes these are only as an experiment, other times to capture something exciting that I have seen or simply as an idea for a landscape that I have in mind. This one is a 9 x 12 in (23 x 30 cm), oil on canvas.


No comments: