Saturday, February 10, 2024

GRASS ISLAND, HONG KONG

 


One of my smaller works from the Hong Kong series of paintings that was started many years ago. I preferred to get away from the city and often took boat trips to some of the out-lying islands where I would find solitude enough to set up and paint. I love this kind of view across the water at some of the many islands in and around Hong Kong. Here, on a hazy day, I am looking across a channel at some of the uninhabited islands with a hint of distant mountains in the background. The day is well progressed and about now, I would be thinking of retracing my steps back to the ferry pier and to start my journey back home. Size of this one is 8 x 10 inches, oil on canvas.

2 comments:

John Holmes said...

Great scenery out there - you've caught the atmosphere nicely !

Jeremy Pearse said...

John, thanks! Always a pleasure going back to some of my paintings done 'over there' as they always bring back pleasant memories.