Thursday, February 22, 2024

BEND IN THE RIVER STUDY

 



After moving to Wilmington, I have fallen really behind with posts on this blog! I think it has taken me a little longer to settle in even though we have stayed here before. Finally I am fully set up now with my studio overlooking the Christina River and points beyond. The large windows faces East so I get to see the sunrise each morning and can easily go to the pool deck to see the sunset so very happy with that! This small study done in my sketchbook was painted looking out and down to the river just as it was getting dark. The barge Catherine (New York) was docked against three steel pilings just on the inside bend and made an interesting counterpoint to the flowing river. A few days after I had painted this, a tug and a smaller riverboat pushed it out to the Delaware river and disappeared downstream. Size of this watercolor is about 5 x 7 inches.


No comments: