Thursday, December 31, 2020

MORE LANDSCAPE STUDIES

 



A new study looking across the central marsh of the National Wildlife Reserve at Chincoteague. We visit on a weekly basis and have yet to tire of it. There is always so much to see and paint that I have a hard time deciding what to do next! There are also some great hikes and the beach is accessible from the main reserve, and also slightly further to the south at Assateague Island National Seashore. Of course the main draw for many people visiting Chincoteague are the ponies and fortunately, we have seen plenty of them too! Size of this painting is 5" x 7", oil on canvas.





These small studies (done in my sketchbook) are a way for me to work out ideas and compositions. I keep them small so as not to take anything away from the larger paintings that will be done from these smaller ones. They are all of places I have visited or seen while staying down here on the Eastern Shore.

No comments: