Friday, March 11, 2016

ACROSS THE BAY


Having been away from the studio for almost 3 months, I am now back home and able to start blogging again. Due to a family emergency, we had to leave unexpectedly and took up residence in Hong Kong where M could look after her ailing dad. When I was not visiting the hospital, I mostly painted and completed around 20 paintings so have a lot to show you. This small study above was done after a boat trip around the Eastern waters of Hong Kong where there are a lot of amazing islands and interesting rock formations. Here the scene is from one of those islands looking into the sun at the distant landscape. I tried to capture the feeling of the sunlight on the water (which doesn't come across that well in the photograph) along with the rocky shoreline. I love places like this and have spent many hours exploring the small bays and beaches of Hong Kong. This watercolor is 5" x 7.5" (13cm x 19cm).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful and welcome back! I hope all goes well for you and your family Jeremy.

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks Vernon, thankfully my father in law is out of hospital and hopefully on his way to recovery.