Thursday, April 2, 2015

GREEN BOTTLE, PART 3



After laying in a slightly deeper toned background (and carefully painting around the bottle), I worked for awhile on thew shadow softening the edges and adding a slight translucent shimmer where the light came through. I feel I am close to completing this one now. I'll let the paint harden for awhile then take another look in case there are a few other areas that I want to work on before signing and framing, but for now, it's finished! Small Green Bottle, 8" x 8", oil on board.

2 comments:

John Holmes said...

Looks very true-to-life now... a great display of your skill here !

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks so much John, I am often torn between doing an artistic impression of my subject or just painting it as I see it. Since this post, I have done a little more work to the painting and I'm finally satisfied with the outcome.