Friday, February 1, 2013

FROZEN LAKE STUDY



Winter is upon us again here in the Eastern part of the US. Mild up to a week ago then we were hit with sub-freezing temps and a bitter wind! A warm-up followed and now it has turned very cold again. Not much snow but enough to enjoy on our walks through the nearby reserve. I saw this scene one evening looking across the frozen surface of Beaver Lake so did a small study of it when I got back to the studio. Work has been a little slow lately but is picking up now so I should have some more paintings to post here soon. Frozen Lake, 5" X 7", oil on canvas.

2 comments:

John Holmes said...

It looks cold ! I hate stumbling over frozen bits under the snow.

Jeremy Pearse said...

John, it was cold! Ice was thick enough to walk on - not that I would try anything so dangerous ;) Still I'm sure this is nothing compared to where you live!