The other day, we were treated to another visit from the female peregrine. This time she stayed for over two and a half hours so plenty of time for me to be able to do this small watercolor head study above and some other drawings shown below.
With the bird being so close, I could easily make out all the details of her talons so decided to do a pencil study of them. She hardly moved for the 30 mins or so that it took me so I didn't have to start another one which often happens. She was ringed (one on her right leg, two on her left) but I left them off in my drawing. During the period she was resting outside, I spent so much time staring out of the window that I was sure she was aware of me but really, except for a few looks, didn't take any notice of me at all. Later, I was fortunate to see her leave. She called a few times, looked up then simply spread her wings and dropped off the railing. I quickly went outside hoping to see her in flight but she was already gone.





No comments:
Post a Comment