Sunday, June 30, 2024

BARN OWL

 



The other day, I came across images of this Barn Owl painting that I did quite some years ago now. For some reason I had almost forgot about it although seeing the painting again, I do remember working on it and the struggles I had, but I don't think that I have posted any pictures of this one. This is a slightly more cropped view, I think the actual painting shows more of the textured whitewash wall surrounding the old window. I do remember being happy that I had captured the owl in the way that I wanted to and that the painting brought back memories of my youth looking for owls not only on my grandfathers' farm but also any other barns that I came across. One evening my brothers and I attempted to stay a night in an old barn but the eerie screetch of a Barn Owl calling close by in the pitch dark sent up quickly scurrying back home! This acrylic on canvas is about 20 x 16 inches.

No comments: