Wednesday, May 5, 2021

CASTLE WINDOW, PART 2

 



I continued by working on the sunlit area on the right then followed by deepening the shadows contained within the window alcove. There was quite a lot of variation of tones to deal with and also texture created by the rough stonework. The rest of the wall surrounding the window was in deep shadow and it took me 2 tries to get right, having to wait until the paint dried before I could overpaint it all again. I got there in the end though and was happy to leave the painting as it was for now. Size is 14" x 11", oil on canvas.

2 comments:

John Holmes said...

I can just imagine this hewn out of solid rock - they don’t make windows like they used to !

Jeremy Pearse said...

That they don't! I could clearly see the chisel marks around the edges of each window and how carefully each one had been sculpted!