Monday, May 30, 2016

WHITE TIGER WOODBLOCK PRINT



I have been interested in woodblock prints for many years and still very much enjoy the ones in my collection that I purchased some time ago. So after doing a lot of research and practicing on a few scrap pieces of wood, I decided to try and create a woodblock print from scratch. The close up of a white tiger shown above is the result. There should be a bit more variation in the greys but I'm still not quite up to speed with the printing aspect so will have to experiment a bit more until I am able to complete a full print run. This one was the best of the few that I did but it is only on cheap photocopy paper so should get better results on proper printing paper. I'll document the whole process in the next post. Size is 5" x 6.5".

2 comments:

John Holmes said...

I'll be interested to see how the new technique works out.

Jeremy Pearse said...

So will I!!! Still very much a novice at this point but hoping for exciting things to come.