Thursday, December 17, 2009

BARN WINDOW, PART 4


At this point I feel that I'm getting closer to the depth and tonal values that I want for the painting. I still have to adjust some areas but I'm happy that the work is progressing as I had hoped. There is still a lot of work to do around the window itself as obviously this is the focal point of the painting and most of the smaller details will be found here. I used quite a bit of dry-brush technique to get most of the textures of the old and weathered wood but the rest were formed naturally as I laid in wash after wash. Since the window panes had years of dirt and dust on them, there was very little of the outside landscape to be seen - perhaps just a hint of the overhang from outside but at this stage, I hadn't made a decision weather to include this or not.

No comments: