Sunday, October 24, 2010

OF ITALIAN DESCENT

I have been doing paintings of this beautiful model for some time and decided to post this watercolor as it will be one of 10 new paintings hanging at McBride Gallery. The exhibition starts this afternoon and will run through November. I'll try and get all of the new paintings I have in the show up here but am already thinking of moving onto new things. There are quite a few small oils that I want to show - these will be in the Waterfowl Festival in Nov which I am busy working towards. Weather has been wonderful lately and I have been able to make a little time to go out painting - a welcome break to all the studio time! Of Italian Descent is 22" X 15".

2 comments:

Pat said...

My eyes! that's watercolour? Outstanding!

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thank you Pat and Carrie, many people at the show commented on it too - which made me very happy! I did manage to get closer to what I wanted to say in a watercolor like this, so I'll keep working on them, refining and hopefully one day I'll get it right.