Thursday, October 21, 2010

COASTAL ROCKS II

I haven't been able to post recently as I have been very busy preparing for the 'Autumn Festival' exhibition at McBride Gallery in Annapolis, MD that opens this Sunday. I'm the featured artist this year and will have over 10 painting on show so if you are in the vicinity, please drop by and say hello. The small watercolor shown above will be one of the paintings included in the show along with Afternoon Sun, Chains, Lantern, Along the Coast, Misty Coast and a few others - most of which have been featured on this blog in the past year. Coastal Rocks II was done while I was in Hong Kong recently and shows a small stream draining through the sand into the sea. I used to live right by here so I know the location intimately - fortunately not much has changed since I have been gone. So many beautiful old buildings - villages even - have been demolished in the name of progress and newer (but oh so boring) buildings put up in their place. Still I'm hopeful as life on this Island (Lamma) hasn't seen that many changes in the past 10 years or so.
Here in this painting I set out to capture the evening light set against the small finger-like rocks and the gently breaking waves - the stream as well as the sea reflecting the evening light. Size is 9" X 12".

2 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

It's a beautiful painting. Wish I lived close enough to see your exhibit. Congrats!

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks Carrie, it was a fun painting to do! And I'll try to get most of the paintings in the current exhibition up here.