Monday, August 17, 2026

TALLGRASS FIELD

 


The idea for this painting was simple, find an interesting view deep in a field somewhere. Fortunately there were quite a few places like this near where we used to live so I took my easel and set up looking slightly towards the east with a few trees nearby to keep me company. Since this one was quite small, the painting didn't take that long and after a period of reflection, I was quite pleased with the result. I had planned on doing a number of similar paintings like this one but like so many of my ideas, those plans fell by the wayside. I do have a few other paintings similar to this and now after having taken a fresh look at this one, will probably get to them and finish them off sometime soon. Size is 8 x 10 in (20 x 25 cm), oil on canvas.

No comments: