Wednesday, July 11, 2018

MID-DAY SUN, PART 4



Working on the details of the grasses took some time as I had to paint around most of the stalks and also suggest details behind the grass. Some parts are in shade so I used darker and richer washes for those areas. The lowest log was completed adding a few cracks and checks along with some annual rings etc. I may have to go a little darker on it but I want to finish the painting first then see. The snow had a few thin washes of purple added to take off some of the whiteness and some of the edges were further darkened suggesting a little snow melt - I also slightly darkened the snow shadows here and there. Getting close now so hopefully I'll be able to finish this one during the next painting session.

2 comments:

John Holmes said...

All is being revealed....I like how this is turning out...

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks John, hope you like the finished painting too.