Saturday, October 29, 2011

YOUNG EAGLE, PART 2

Here there is not that much difference from the last image posted but I have finished the eye and also worked on some of the smaller feathers around the cheek and crown. The beak has also some thin washes added to help define the shape and structure. Actually at this point I am moving along quite quickly and this is probably due to the fact that I have already completed two other studies so far. I feel that this one will come to completion quite soon (hopefully tomorrow) and I'll then be able to get onto the fourth and final work in this series of young Bald eagles. As a side note, the painting so far reminds me of a Golden Eagle which has a slightly more 'open' face look to it and consequently tends to look a little more friendly than many of the other large eagles.

No comments: