Thursday, December 17, 2009

BARN WINDOW, PART 3

After quite a few more rounds of washes (mostly alternating between my darker brown mix mentioned earlier and Raw Sienna), the general shapes and form of the painting are beginning to emerge. I'm excited to note that the highlight on the right of the window is beginning to work in the way that I intended. At this point, I'm working all over the painting and not worrying about any of the finer details as these will all come later. It's the general tones of the interior walls that are important right now and I'm still deciding exactly how dark I want to go. Interestingly, for a change I worked on a sheet of Whatman which was slightly yellow unlike the more brighter white of Arches watercolor paper that I usually use - somehow the yellowish-white of the paper seemed just right for the bright but diffuse light coming through the window panes.

No comments: