Tuesday, December 15, 2009

BARN WINDOW, PART 2

After the paper had dried bone hard, I began laying in washes. First on were layers of Yellow Ochre and when my tube of that had run out, Raw Sienna. Unfortunately Windsor and Newton have changed the formula of this color (which used to be one of my favorites) and have added some opaque white along with what seems orange. This has not made me happy! Until I can find a purer version of this color from another manufacturer, I'll finish out the tube that I have. Anyway, when all that had dried, I began laying in darker washes of Burnt Umber mixed with a little Sepia. I was careful to paint around my lightest lights and just kept adding more washes after each one had dried. All was looking good so far and felt that something good could come out of this painting.

No comments: