Thursday, October 8, 2009

SUNDOWN FROM UPPER FIELDS


Some time ago, I mentioned in one of my blogs that I was eager to start a series of dawn/dusk landscape paintings from scenes observed during my daily walks around where I live. This was one such a scene, actually the sun has already set here but there was still enough light in the upper sky to illuminate the landscape. While this is not the best photo of the painting, it does I feel, show something of what I was trying to capture insofar as the quality off light playing against the deeper subdued tones of the landscape. This series is coming along more slowly that I had hoped as I am still trying to finish off a number of painting that have been left unfinished in my studio. I'm determined to do them all by the end of the year! Sundown is an oil on canvas, size 9" X 12".

No comments: