Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MORNING SUN - BLACKWATER

Most of my landscape paintings are of the evening time or occasionally the morning but sometimes I see something completely different that I want to paint. Such was the scene shown here, again Blackwater and close to the same view point shown in 'Late Evening - Blackwater' of my May 3rd post. The time of the painting is late autumn with most of the distant trees in fall foliage, just the pines showing some green. I was at first attracted to the scene by the splendid yellowish-orange grasses in the foreground so with that being the focal point, I kept the sky somewhat understated. This one was a bit of an experiment for me and while I like the result, I feel that perhaps I need to spend more time working on paintings such as these to see where they will take me. This oil on canvas is 9" X 12".

No comments: