Monday, July 3, 2023

MISTY PEAKS

 


When I first started working on this small painting, I had in my mind a rather simple composition with almost flat-like colors. After laying in basic areas of mostly blue and warm gray, everything looked too simplistic so I began overpainting lighter tones then added more definition to the mountainside. Every time I looked at the painting, I saw something else that needed work. What started out as being something that I wanted to finish in a short time extended to a painting spread over two weeks. Not that I was working on it all that time but it just goes to show, sometimes one has to follow the dictates of the painting and take it to its natural conclusion irrespective of ones initial idea. Size is 7 x 5 inches (18 x 13 cm), acrylic on board.

No comments: