Monday, March 23, 2015

GREEN BOTTLE, PART 2


Here I have completed the second pass, again using thin layers of oil and slowly building up the intensity of the colors. I looked carefully at the patterns that I could see in the glass and tried to reproduce them as I saw them. There was quite a lot of irregularities in the glass even though this bottle came out of a mold ( there are slight vertical lines on the sides where the edges of the mold join) so they were an important component and had to be included. I'm getting close to finishing the bottle now, I still have the shadow to do and also am thinking about slightly darkening the background, with a further subtle darkening of the foreground - we'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

john said...

Great job Jeremy, Good to see you posting again. I hope you enjoyed your travels.
Painting glass objects can be a fun challenge as you are no doubt experiencing.

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks John, travels were excellent and included a few new birds to add to my life list! And, yes I am having a lot of fun painting this one.