Monday, June 9, 2014


Quite some time had passed by the time I came back to this painting and still not having a decent idea for the background, I eventually decided on some pillows. A wash of textured paint was put down over the background leaving the lighter areas of the pillows. When that had dried I started laying washes on the pillows themselves creating more texture, but after awhile decided that this was not what I wanted so the painting was once again put aside - this time for even longer! Coming back to the work later and making a final effort to finish the painting, I added yet more color washes to the figure. Almost there now but I knew that when I had painted in the hair, I would still have to slightly adjust the overall tones for a better balance. Next, I repaint the background, the covering and finally finish the figure.

No comments: