Saturday, May 24, 2014

LATE EVENING SKY


In this medium sized painting I attempted to capture the feeling of a late evening landscape when the sun has just set but there is still enough light in the grasses to give them definition. Some of the clouds are catching rays of sun on their undersides causing a subtle glow - a theme that I am exploring in a much larger painting currently on an easel in my studio. This time of the day holds a special meaning in my heart so no wonder then that I do so many paintings like this. Late Evening Sky is 16" x 20" (40cm x 51cm). Oil on Canvas, private collection.

3 comments:

john said...

Jeremy,
You have chosen to paint the magic hour of the day with this series of landscapes. I love the warm tones of the foreground on this painting, and the more subtle warm tones in the sky. A worthy subject to paint.

John Holmes said...

It looks like the kind of afterglow you can feel at the end of a day "Well spent"...

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks guys as always!