Monday, September 23, 2013

EVENING SKY



This scene is just steps from my home here in Maryland - we consider ourselves very lucky that our community borders a large reserve and I'm often over there watching birds, sketching and painting. I'm presently working towards a exhibition at The Berkley Gallery in Warrenton, Virginia that will open in November. I have a lot of paintings to show you but have been overseas for awhile on family affairs so haven't had much time to upload then to my blog - I'll get to that soon. Hopefully most of my latest paintings will be shown here so consider them a preview to the Berkley Gallery show - exact date and time of the opening to follow. Evening Sky is 9" x 12" - oil on canvas.

4 comments:

john said...

How fortunate you are to live near a natural area. This is another beautiful painting. I really look forward to seeing the other new paintings that you have been working on.
Good luck with your upcoming show. The art market seems to be reviving a bit from what it has been for the last several years.

John Holmes said...

Good Luck with the exhibition.... November should be a good month to display winter views....

Came across one of your old "Black-winged Stilt at Mai Po" T-shirts in a drawer the other day _ happy times !

Jeremy Pearse said...

Thanks John, as you mentioned the art market seems to be coming back so lets hope for a happy future for all artists!

Jeremy Pearse said...

Still working towards the exhibition John, thankfully the show runs for over a month. Great find on the T-shirt! I still have a few of those left (and am still wearing some myself - they have lasted well). Let me know if you need another and I'll pass it on next time I'm in HK.