Tuesday, June 25, 2013

NEAR BLACKWATER


A plein air painting done overlooking the marsh near Blackwater NWR on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Often these smaller studies don't come to anything, but are extremely useful non-the-less. I always learn something from doing them and I can often use them as the basis for larger paintings. Or even combine certain aspects from a few different studies to work them into a painting. For me, its all about discovery and experimentation. I do a lot of looking and thinking before actually painting anything and I hope my work has improved because of it.  Near Blackwater - Oil on Canvas, 9" X 12".

2 comments:

john said...

Superb work like always Jeremy. It's very refreshing to see such a clean painting technique.

Jeremy Pearse said...

John, thanks so much! Actually a lot of other paintings came out of this smaller study and I'm still working on the Blackwater series.