Thursday, April 18, 2013

WINTER SKY STUDY


I did this study awhile ago and developed the lower foreground slightly later on when back in the studio. As is usual with these smaller studies, the idea is to try and capture an idea or mood then translate this into a larger painting. I have actually started the larger work but am struggling with it a little so have set it aside for now while working on other paintings. As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm trying to work through the unfinished painting I have here in the studio before starting some new ones. While that is the general idea, in reality I am often swayed by a new and exciting idea or thought. I am trying to keep any new paintings small at the moment so as the give the larger ones more of a chance of being completed.
Winter Sky study is an oil on canvas - size 4" X 6".

No comments: